Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Master Lox should be done infiltrating the Funkey Network soon!

The latest from the Mattel/Radica helpline is that the server should be fixed and up consistently in the next 24 hours. So just be patient, and we'll hope it's worth the wait. The advice is to try it tomorrow (however, I will add that the Mattel rep. was surprised when I told her I was still getting the message, "Master Lox strikes again", she thought it was fixed now. Then she said it will be fixed in 24 hours, so try again then. But that makes me think it won't hurt to try later today)

Their server has been up intermittantly, that's why some of you were able to get the latest update (version 4.5 Funkey Trunk update). But then when it doesn't work, that is because the server goes down again.

Also something to note ~ if it appears you lost your progress, that shouldn't be the case because it is now saved on-line as long as you have a unique Funkey name. So, when it is all back up & running again, you should see it again.


Another problem we're having is logging on just to play off-line. Sometimes we get the message of "missing or broken file", or "wrong password", but then it lets us in anyway. That appears to be part of the current problem, so we'll wait for tomorrow and that should be fixed as well.


I am copying over a comment left today in one of the posts about this issue. This is what Revvinon wrote this morning, Weds., Dec. 24, and it will answer the question many of you have about the 'web registration' message:

"The thing with the internet connection and the web registration - the web registration is basically having your unique funkey name and the internet connection - well....you know how Master Lox strikes?? That is preventing the game to have its connection to the server.I was able to access the lab 2 times yesterday. When I tried and Master Lox had struck again that is when I received that web registration and internet connection message."



It is a funny coincidence that today Liam received his first Webkinz as a Christmas gift from a friend. So while we're waiting for Mattel to get the Funkeys back on track, we've hopped over to the competition (shhhh, don't tell!). Hmmm, maybe we'll start a Webkinz blog! :)

33 comments:

Sammy said...

ok

goofystar said...

So problems like not seeing any buddys on ur list will be fixed cuz masterlox does not ifiltrate my game?

Claire said...

Cool! Thans for letting us know, Robyn. I had called Radica yesterday and they said it would be fixed VERY soon. He was Right!

Anonymous said...

webkinz is fun...which one did liam get?

Blog Author said...

goofystar - when you say you don't see any buddies, do you see the list at all? Or is it there, but blank? When I go into our crib, the buddy list (or any chat functions) won't even open and it says, "no cell phone reception". That part is because of no network connection.

Onewa80 said...

Good. Btw, Webkinz? Sweet! I Have six!

-80

Blog Author said...

Liam got the monkey. It's cute!

Onewa80 said...

The normal one or the cheeky one?

-80

Click Replay said...

YOU ROCK

Anonymous said...

My 4 month old niece has a cat webkin

Anonymous said...

While we're talking about webkinz, I just want to say I have 90 (ninety). I have played with both funkeys and webkinz for years. I just never mentioned it because I thought no one here liked them.

Onewa80 said...

N..N..N.. 90?????? WOAH! what's your username, Chris?

BTW, I have a husky, black bear, panda, Leopard, Cocker spanial and lil kinz gold and white cat(I got her cuz I have a cat that looks like it).

-80

Onewa80 said...

And, why don't you start a webkinz blog? I'll help! (I'm on webkinz right now!)
And my username is Caramelapple99. With the capital.

-80

Anonymous said...

Well I meant that me and my sister put together have ninty. I have about 42 or 45. My username is CBRoCkS, but I don't go on as much as I used to. If you want my sister is Kitten283.

Anonymous said...

Is webkinz like un funkeys can you invite people to you house, is there a town where you meet others, what can you be are you the animal or someone else if so i might get a lion, kangaroo, bat, penguin, or monkey

Anonymous said...

nice, a monkey!when he joins tell him to add username mew1011 ps i have around 20 not exatly but about

Blog Author said...

Wow, Chris, that's a big Webkinz collection! Is your sister into UB Funkeys too? Together you could collect them all if you haven't already!

I think it's the cheeky monkey that Liam has, but we don't know much about Webkinz yet, so I'm not sure what the other monkey looks like.

I don't think I'll be getting into the Webkinz like I did Funkeys. For one thing, Liam seems to be able to figure it all out himself & didn't need me at all except when he set up his account, but then I only needed to check that he typed it all correctly. So I still don't know anything about them!
But I think I will check out some of the games in the next few days. It doesn't look like a blog about them will happen from me! But let us know if one of you starts one. I'm sure Liam will visit so he can learn more.

goofystar said...

robyn i mean like when i open my buddy list its blank i can see it but no names inside"(

Anonymous said...

Now I'm serious about this funkey update. I uninstalled last night and reinstalled and I still can't even get on funkeys anymore. Forget the dumb update (I could care less about that now) I just want to be able to play again. My mom is frustrated too (because I am) and were are calling them as soon as they open to tell them that what they told me to do were both wrong.
PS. If this doesn't work, then what will happen if I get funkeys for Christmas.
PSS. Robyn I noticed that you got a picture for your blogger, the UB with the Christmas hat. And yes my sister likes funkeys.

Anonymous said...

is ub funkeys fixed yet

Anonymous said...

Like I said I did contact Radica and they said that their server is still down and there is nothing to do for me. It is just a waiting game and you should be patient untill everything is sorted out. Sigh***To bad for me.

Anonymous said...

I've been trying for 6 days and it still doesn't work! if it doesn't work by saturday then i'm contacting radica. Whats their number?

goofystar said...

guys radicas # is on the funkey panthlet

Anonymous said...

I was lucky to get lucky and i got the update but at 4 am

Anonymous said...

goffystar i got the 4.5 update perfect now, ub funkeys has internet around midnight - 9 am

Onewa80 said...

CHAT IS BACK! CHAT IS BACK!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
(continues to scream in the other room)

-80

Anonymous said...

Its still soesn't work!

Anonymous said...

Not to go off subject or anything but, HI! Anyways I can't find the dock. Ive closed and opened the window 6 times. BTW I've got 6 webkinz.

Claire said...

It still does NOT work for me. I wish they could fix it sonner... :(



I'm making a new website Robyn!

YAY!!

goofystar said...

....now loxs in here in my game.......i have to go bye

Blog Author said...

Hi Rose, if you can't find the dock, did you ever get the Hidden Realm update? The dock is at the bottom just past the Daydream Oasis portal. If you didn't get that update yet, perhaps you will when you can get a network connection (after Master Lox stops striking)

Anonymous said...

I didn't get the update again today. It's been a week. I'm phoning Radica tomorrow. Whats their number?

Blog Author said...

Hi Kewl~ I'm sure their phone is ringing off the hook. I bet their phone lines are as jammed as the server!
Anyway, I don't recall where you live, is it Canada?
This is the number for the US: 1-800-803-9611. They are in NY, so they are on Eastern time and their hours are 9am - 7pm Monday - Thurs., and 11am - 5pm on Saturdays.
The other numbers are listed on the Funkey Fan Forum (see the post by akaabbey under Technical Help)